Now I know that you are all still waiting for pictures of my big girl bed (what is the hold up mom?) but I thought in the mean time I would share with you the events of the past week...more aptly titled "Birthday Week 2008"! That is right ladies and gentlemen I turned the big 0-2! Now for those of you who are wondering about the significance of this milestone let me tell you about all the cool stuff 2 year olds get to do:
- Sleep in a big girl bed (but you already know about this one)
- Drink from a cup without a lid
- Put paint on t-shirts and wear them proudly like they are the finest in fashion couture (Grandma Buck helped me design 2 shirts, and I get to do another at daycare next week)
- Learn how to do a summer salt (look out 2024 Olympics...your gold medalist has arrived)
- Wear big girl diapers (pull ons)
- And best of all get to use the big potty when I am so inclined (this is a work in progress...)
In order to properly celebrate I had 3 different parties! The first one was at daycare on the last day of Kindermusik for the summer (a music class that I just LOVE). Momma, Daddy, Auntie, and Uncle John all came too! We all got to play with shakers and pounding blocks (not the technical term, but descriptive nonetheless), sing lots of songs, parade around the room, and I even got to be the leader for one song since it was my birthday. Woohoo! Then we had pizza and juice, followed by handing out the cookies Momma and I made the night before and bottles of bubbles for all the kids. It was a ton of fun!! (All photos courtesy of Auntie and Uncle J...thanks!)
Me concentrating on a new song
Pop up...Yay!
Daddy got me!
Time for lunch....mmmm!

1 comment:
Evie, you're such a big girl and so pretty too. Tell your mommie that Jackie says hi and wishes we could share child-based anecdotes regularly.
Take care!
Jackie (Lutzke)
Post a Comment