I had my first trip to the zoo over Memorial Day weekend and it was GREAT! I got to ride a train for the first time where we went over a bridge and through a tunnel (I LOVED IT!), took a five minute tram all the way to somewhere called "Africa" where I got to feed a giraffe a cookie, and I think I wore out the gears on the carousel where I rode a flamingo, a baby giraffe, and a zebra (as seen below riding this time with Grandpa). I also got to watch a pig eat jello. All in all a good time was had by all (including the pig...he was silly).
Then later that week, Mommy and Daddy decided to finally acknowledge the fact that I am a big girl now. After attempting (never actually succeeding) to master the art of climbing out of my crib, they decided it was time for me to try a big girl bed! And let me tell you I was pumped! I have never seen something so cool...a bed with only 3 walls!!
The first night I decided it would be ok to wake Mom and Dad up at 3:30am just to remind them that I had in fact been sleeping in my big girl bed all this time. Then they convinced me to go back and try it again for another 2 hours. The next night I rolled off on to my pillow landing pad and spent most of the night sleeping in the middle of my floor...however since then I have figured out two things. 1. If I cuddle a rolled up blanket on the walled edge of my bed I won't fall out (at least not as much). And 2. If I fall out, I can actually crawl back in. Amazing!
Now I know you are all waiting on the edge of your seat for pictures of this 3-walled bed...but those will have to come in the next installment. Right now I have to go make lunch for Minnie and Lucy...

No comments:
Post a Comment