Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Sprung...Then Got the Heck Out

One morning I woke up. I do that every morning, but this morning was different. I could see light coming through the blinds on my window, and I could hear "tweet, tweet, tweet." This was unusual, so I decided to make a lot of noise so Dad would come in and get me up. Sure enough, he stumbles in looking like he just got out of bed or something... I mean it was 6:30 in the morning on a Saturday... isn't everyone up by then? Nope, not Dad-oo I guess... he hadn't even brushed his teeth (yuck).
Anyways, I'm getting away from my story. So the window, the tweets, yada, yada, yada. Dad walks me into the living room and opens the blinds and POW!... The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the squirrels were running around and wrestling each other. Man, did they wrestle. Mommy came in and told me that this was "Spring weather." I saw no springs, trampolines, or other similar types of devices. This being said, I was intrigued.

After we all ate and got dressed, it was time to go outside. Oddly enough, mom didn't bring out the usual coat. No, no, this was different. I got to wear a coat with no sleeves, my silly hat, and some things over my eyes that make everything look like our house when daddy needs to put in new light bulbs. I tried to tell them I'd be cold, but they never listen. When Daddy started for the door, I braced for a cold wave to hit...but when he did, nothing happened. Instead, I felt a light breeze, and everything smelled like, ummmm, well, like something good (give me a break if my vocabulary isn't stellar...I'm 8 months old). They popped me in my stroller and we were off. We walked all over Ann Arbor me's thinkst. I saw kids playing, people on bikes, people washing their cars, and more squirrels wrestling (silly squirrels). I had a lot of fun.

We took walks each of the next few days...and I even took a nap or two. Dad told me I'd like the fresh air (that's that word I was looking for... FRESH! Go back and reread that part about Daddy opening the door again and this time insert the word "fresh". It'll sound better.) and he was right. I couldn't wait to do this everyday with Mommy and Daddy. Well, Wednesday came and I was ready. I couldn't wait to play at daycare, come home, and go take a walk. As we were getting ready to leave the house that morning, I saw my winter coat out again (affectionately called the "Muppet Coat" since it looks like it's made from Muppet hide). They put me in it, and I knew something was wrong. Dad opened the door, and I could feel the cold shoot up my spine (and out my nose). IT WAS COLD AGAIN! There was snow everywhere, and I could see my breath. Mommy said, "That's Michigan for ya." Yeah, well I say this weather should get right out of Michigan (it could probably hitch a ride with the jobs and economic prosperity that seem to be making their way out of the state on a regular basis these days).

So I've been reassured that the nice weather will be back soon...and eventually stay. I'll believe it when I see it. In the mean time, I just hope the squirrels find a warm place to wrestle.

Here's me pulling Dad's hair out (not like it needs help).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! Love the pics and headlines. Keep it real.