Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Trees Are Funny

Every time we go outside now, Mom and Dad put more and more clothes on me. Sweaters, jeans, extra blankets... I get packed up like a Christmas present a couple times a day it seems. Mom says that it gets cold in the fall, and all these clothes will keep me warm. I like being outside, so I hope they keep bundling me up.

Dad was telling me about trees the other night, and said that many of them turn from green to red, orange, or yellow. I don't know what those colors are, but they sound neat. He said once they change color, the leaves all fall to the ground. Some people rake them up and put them in piles, others blow them around with loud elephant trunks that they carry in thier hands, and others just let them lay there. I think it'd be fun to play in a big pile of them... I hope Mom lets me.

One thing I don't get is why the trees lose thier leaves when it starts getting colder. Shouldn't they keep them on to stay warm? Why don't thier moms bundle them up like mine does? Do trees have moms, too? I hope so.

I've decided I like trees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evie--

I love your view of the world. Keep up the good work. It makes us all feel younger to see things through your eyes. Oh, if your mommie and daddie seem mad at each other this weekend, it is because of that football game you talked about a while back. Don't worry, things will soon return to normal.

Uncle John