Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Oh Nature!

Over the past few weeks, I have spent considerably less time inside, and a heck of a lot more time outside... and I LOVE it! At daycare, I play with all of my friends in the backyard. I see birds, trees, green grass, and (my personal favorite) DIRT! Man, dirt sure is fun. When I get home, Mommy and Daddy take me for walks. Sometimes we walk around the neighborhood, while other times we go to "parks". Parks come in all shapes and sizes. Some have lots of trees, some have lots of grass. Some have lots of people, some have lots of squirrels. Some even have swings. It's a good thing I don't eat cookies yet, otherwise I might toss them when Dad's pushes me. Yikes.

So far my two favorite parks are Gallup Park and Nichols Arboretum (the "Arb"). They both follow the big river, and it's pretty neat to watch all of the canoes and kayaks go by. There are a lot of fun bridges, trails, and places to sit on a blanket and crawl around. Mommy always packs a lot of toys to play with, but I can usually keep myself busy just checking out the people walking by or playing with the grass and sticks that are all around. Worst case scenario, I crawl all over Dad-oo like he's a jungle gym until I've got enough drool on him that he's soaking wet. He has great shirts to chew on, and he's pretty understanding about this whole teething thing. He's good people.

I spent last weekend in Grand Rapids, and got to see a lot of family. Saturday we went to Aquinas to watch Uncle Mikey graduate. He got to dress up funny and parade around with a bunch of other people who looked like extras from a Harry Potter movie. What a goofball. As you can see by my "expression" in the picture here, the speaker was AMAZING (that's called sarcasm, boys and girls). I actually had fun playing with Grandma and Stacey, but that was a long afternoon and I required a nap. Good thing I slept though, otherwise I would have missed the feast that took place after the ceremony. Mommy has started to let me mooch a bit off of her plate... so the better she eats, the better I eat. Pasta, chicken, ice cream...yum.

We spent that evening with Papa and Grammy, so I got to go exploring all over their house. I always enjoy exploring new places and finding things that I'm not supposed to get into. Papa is much more lenient then Dad-oo when it comes to me making mess. Sucker. The next day we went to see my second cousin Nadia and congratulate he on her first Communion. She was dressed very pretty...like a little wedding dress. I have to get one of those. Anyways, all of my aunts, uncles, were there with my Great Grandma Greenwald. We ate a lot of food, but the best part was the doggie! This doggie didn't look like Spot, but it was cute none the less. As you can see, I got to pet her and chase her around. Doggie's are silly, but I prefer it when I'm getting all of the attention. Dogs tend to detract from that.
Until next time... you know where you can find me :)

Hey Boo Boo, where's our pic-in-ic basket?

No comments: